N.C. Cooperative Extension Resources
- Commercial Production of Pickling and Slicing Cucumbers in North Carolina, 2016
- NC State Extension Factsheets
N.C. Cooperative Extension Variety Trials
An objective of our cucurbit evaluations is to identify adapted cultivars that NC growers can grow profitably.
- Melon Cultivar Evaluations
- Pumpkin Cultivar Evaluations
- Squash Cultivar Evaluations
- Watermelon Cultivar Evaluations
- Cucurbit production in Florida
This publication from the University of Florida is a guide for individuals interested in growing cucurbits commercially. However, many of the cultural practices described can be adapted for use by NC growers and gardeners.
- Southeastern US Vegetable Crop Handbook
This comprehensive resource was developed from research and Extension projects conducted at 12 land-grant universities, including NCSU. The handbook contains everything vegetable growers need, including which variety to plant, planting dates, fertilizer recommendations, cover crops selection and conservation tillage options, pesticide selection, fertigation, plasticulture, postharvest handling, alternative pest management tools and more.